Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fifty Pounds to Go!


A little over two years ago I had lost fifty pounds in six months. When I started on my weight loss path I went with the fifty pound goal because I wanted to start small so I wouldn't feel overwhelmed. I had failed so many times before and I felt the smaller goal would help.

I really don't know why I didn't continue with the weight loss after I reached my first goal. I still had fifty more pounds to go. I've kept it off, I just didn't  make the effort to lose the last fifty. Now two years later I'm READY. 

How I lost the first fifty...

My favorite quote is "knowledge is power". So I read books and magazines to gain as much knowledge I could on eating clean and healthy. As well as I read several books on fitness. 

 I kept my calories between 1400 to 1600 a day. I used Sparkpeople.com to count and track my calories. 

My exercise routine consisted of going to the gym Monday through Friday. I would go every morning right after dropping Taylor off at school. At the gym I would spend 20 minutes on the treadmill, 20 minutes on the stair machine and 20 minutes on the elliptical machine. I would do my strength training  at home every other day using Jillian Michaels Thirty Day Shred. That worked for me I was losing weight and feeling great. 

How I've kept it off...

I don't eat as healthy as I had when I was losing the weight though I eat healthier than I had prior to losing it. I still exercise, just not on a regular basis. I make an effort to stay active. I will walk to the store instead of drive. Take the stairs instead of the elevator/escalator. Park at the furthest parking space from the mall entrance etc...

I'm ready to Kick It Up and lose the last fifty pounds

I got my ammo. 

These are some of the books helped me with the initial weight loss.
A couple of them came after. Very helpful with keeping the weight off.


















I'm missing a couple of my favorite books (The Eat Clean Diet) and some of my magazines. 
I think they are still in storage from the move.

I've picked up a few books from the library. 
































I have this blog to keep me accountable. 


My Goal

Lose the last fifty pounds by the end of May 2011.

My Program

40 - 60 minutes of cardio Monday - Friday

Strength training every other day

Yoga - twice a week (to start).

Eat Clean

Drink 64 ounces of water a day. 

Limit alcohol (wine) intake to social occasions only.  

Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night.


4 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm trying to lose some weight myself so I can relate. Thanks for dropping by our Cafe Hop today. I'm following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you from the blog hop!
    Love the information, you have here!
    Please come check my blog out at http://www.nontypicalmom.com/

    Tchoplin2009@gmail.com
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! I am on the weightloss wagon as well...fun times! I am your newest follower and would love a follow back on my review and giveaway blog, "In My Opinion...". Here is the link:

    http://couponsandfreebiesforyou.blogspot.com

    I do have several blogs, but this one is where I am looking to get followers. Thanks so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post and GREAT blog name!

    I'm a new follower from the "Thirsty Thursday" Blog Hop! I Would love a follow back :) It would be awesome if you could also follow me on Networked Blogs & Facebook too!

    Thanks, Misty
    http://MistysThoughtsToo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete