Saturday, November 6, 2010

No Meat Burrito

Whenever I go back to my hometown to visit I always go get my all time favorite burrito at "El Super Burrito". Since I've moved over twelve years ago I've tried to find a restaurant that can duplicate it. I haven't had any luck. I was craving the "No Meat Burrito" tonight so this is my version of the best burrito ever.


Creamy Guacamole
I added 1 avocado, 1 tbsp of heavy cream, 1 tbsp sour cream, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1/4 tsp of salt into a food processor and processed until creamy.

Mexican Rice
I used brown rice (because that's all I had). I cooked it per the package direction. For the liquid I used the juice of a can of stewed tomatoes and water. I also added the tomatoes, 1 tbsp of taco seasoning (my recipe below) and 1/4 tsp of salt.

For the sauce I made my enchilada sauce. 1 can of tomato sauce, taco seasoning and salt to taste.

Pinto beans from a can, shredded monterey jack cheese, sour cream and a flour tortilla (steamed in the microwave).
~~~~~~~~
Taco Seasoning
2 tbsp Chili powder
1 1/2 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
2 tsp Cumin
2 tsp Ground Oregano
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp Paprika

Store in a air tight container.

I don't add salt to this because I like to be able to control the salt I use when I cook.
~~~~~~~~

This was really good and curved my craving.


Lexie waited for me to drop some food.

Oops dropped some.

Lexie liked it too.

♥ Kelly Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment