Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Trees and Menorahs

On Tuesday we went back to our storage unit and pulled everything out looking for our tree and ornaments. They are gone. :-( All my ornaments I've been collecting for many years, Taylor's first Christmas ornaments, as well as all the ornaments I've made with Taylor are gone. I'm so very sad.

Life goes on so we've replaced the tree and bought some simple ball ornaments.
























Taylor and I decided to start a new tradition and every Christmas we will buy one new ornament each that reminds us of the year we had.

I already got mine.
























I just need to find or take a picture to put in it.

If anyone is wondering why on earth would we use a fake tree instead of real one. Well one year we had some little visitors that came with the tree we bought from the lot. Spiders and a lot of them. I do not like spiders. Getting them to move out was not an easy job. So we fake it now.

Hanukkah Dinner

For the last night of Hanukkah I made Jason Roasted Chicken and Vegetables with Latkes.


















I used Chicken Legs and for the vegetables I used carrots, parsnips, and onion. In a roasting pan I added the chicken and vegetables. I seasoned with olive oil, garlic and onion powder, basil, salt and pepper. I baked in the oven on 375 degrees for about an hour. For the latkes I got the recipe from the food network minus the scallions. I served them with apple sauce and sour cream.

Christmas Dinner Planning

Now I have to start planning for Christmas dinner. I'm excited because my family is coming to town.
Can't wait to see my niece and nephew.

Christmas 2008. The last Christmas I spent with them.
























I've come up with a few ideas.



What are your Christmas plans?

5 comments:

  1. Don't worry we fake tree it too! ;)

    I'm following from the relax and surf sunday blog hop. I'm sorry your tree and ornaments went missing! That is weird.

    Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is just terrible about your ornaments. That is my favorite part of Christmas. I have all my ornaments given to me by my grandmother each year since I was little. My mother carries on the tradition and buys one for my children each year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by via the Friday Hop to say hello and to follow. We celebrate both also.
    Have a great weekend!
    http://poshonabudget.com/2010/11/welcome-friday-friends-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and following. I'm your newest follower.

    Inspiring You To Save

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! I am your newest follower. We buy a new ornament every year too :)

    I have a giveaway going on, if you get a chance enter... I am trying to boost the entries!! We Don't Have It All Together

    ReplyDelete