Sunday, November 7, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies on the Healthy Side

I just loves Sundays. Especially when you get an extra hour. And what do I decide to do with that extra hour... Bake Cookies!
I wanted to make a batch of cookies that were a little on the healthy side since my dinner was pretty much the complete opposite. I also like to eat healthier during the week so this way I can enjoy these cookies during the week (that is if J and T don't eat them all). So I came up with this recipe.

This recipe makes 16 cookies

Ingredients
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1/4 cup oat flour (ground whole oats)
1/2 cup peanut butter (all natural)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix all the ingredients together.
Shape dough into balls on a cookie sheet.
Flatten by crisscrossing with a fork.
Cook for 8 - 10 minutes



Now I'm off to take a long hot bath. Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment