Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lunch, Dinner and Work

Lunch

For Lunch I had half a almond butter and honey sandwich on whole wheat bread. An Apple and half of a large carrot. I had made a whole sandwich but I was feeling full so I just wrapped the other half up to eat later.

















Today I wasn't the best when it came to snacking. I know it really important to eat every few hours. If I was being graded I would have gotten a F. I need to work on that. I also have to remember to drink my water. In the summer I never have a problem with the h2o. I still have a few hours left so I'll get my water intake in I just don't like drinking too late.

Dinner

For Dinner I had Turkey Chili over a half baked potato.
















This was really good and I can't believe I've never made this before. 

Turkey Chili

1 pound of ground Turkey
1 tablespoon of Olive oil
1 onion diced
1 large carrot dices
3 celery stalks diced
1 clove of garlic ( I will use more next time. I love garlic)
1 can of stewed tomatoes
1 can of tomato paste
1 can of Kidney beans
1 can of Great Northern beans
1 cup of chicken stock
1 tablespoon Chili powder
1 tablespoon of honey
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Cook the ground turkey in a pot until fully cooked. Drain and set aside. 
Into the pot add olive oil, onion, carrot and celery. Cook until soft. Add garlic and cook another minute.
Add the turkey back into the pot, beans, tomatoes and tomato paste.
Add all the remaining ingredients.
Simmer for 2 hours 
After the 2 hours add salt and pepper to taste.

Work

Work was a little slow. We did receive a couple audition and a callback. I still have a little bit of work to do before I go to bed.

I'm really tired and will be going to bed early tonight. I would like to start my workout at the gym earlier then I started today. So this works out perfect.

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment