Sunday, November 7, 2010

What's for Dinner...

I decided to watch "The Matrix". Never saw it so I figured I might as well since I'm probably the only one who hasn't. I wasn't missing anything. Couldn't really get into it. I probably shouldn't say that since most of the time, I was flipping through Jamie Oliver's cookbook "Jamie's Dinners". Yummy! I also put some chicken in the oven for tonight's dinner.


I also planned out dinner for the next four nights.

Tonight: Pasta with Chicken and a Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing

Monday: Mexican Casserole - with my leftovers from last night's dinner.

Tuesday: Vegetable Soup and Sandwich (not sure yet what kind)

Wednesday: Pasta with a Garden Sauce made out of the leftover veggies from the soup.

So we are having Christmas dinner at our home this year. Whenever we host holiday dinners I like to make the traditional dishes we have every year and everyone expects. But I also like to make new dishes to add something different to the menu. On Friday I came up with a recipe for Stuffing topped Mac and Cheese.


It was a hit with J and T so I think I'll make this for sure. Not bad for my first try. Now I just need to come up with a new veggie dish and a dessert. It gets easier and easier every year.


I have leftover mac and cheese (without the stuffing). So in a pan, I add the leftover M&C, some soy milk, and heavy cream to thin the cheese out. After a few minutes, I added some parmesan cheese, white pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. I added the chicken I cooked earlier.

This doesn't look as good as it tasted. But it was de~li~cious.

T just got home. She's been gone since yesterday afternoon. She hasn't stopped talking since she walked in the door. She reminds me of myself when I was younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment